Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hiking in Breakneck Ridge

Last weekend my friend Stuart invite a few of us on a hiking trip to Breakneck Ridge, about an hour away from NYC via metro north. What I thought was going to be a leisurely walk through the woods turned out to be one of the most intense physical expierences of my life, no joke!!


The first 45 minutes of the hike was up a 1000 ft 45 degree rocky terrain with steep drop offs and sweeping views. About half way up, I told my "expedition crew" that I had a morbid fear of heights, which I didn't mention since I did not expect to be cliff climbing!! We ended up making it to the peak and it was well worth it since I felt a feeling of accomplishment that you only feel when you conquer your fears! The rest of the hike was no picnic either (although we did have a lovely lunch on the top of a cliff), we covered about 12 miles in 5 hours. For more info, check out:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakneck_Ridge





















No comments:

Post a Comment